Training and Development Manager
Job Title: Training & Development Manager (Training Manager, Coach, Employee Development)
Location: Liverpool (City Centre)
14 Castle Street, Liverpool, L2 0NE
Salary: £30,000 – £50,000
About Herd Digital
Herd Digital is a Digital Marketing Recruitment agency based in Liverpool city centre. At Herd we pride ourselves on customer retention and employee development. With city centre offices, we have a fantastic working environment, with flexible and individually tailored working on offer.
We’re an ambitious organisation that is looking to increase in size significantly over the next 18 months, with key hires across all our key business verticals. We’re coming off a year in which we broke every single company record including quarterly company personal bests and achieved 150% YOY revenue growth and are looking to continue this success by investing in the development of our recruitment specialists.
About the Training & Development Manager role
As the Training & Development Manager, you will be integral to Herd’s 2.0 strategy, supporting business growth with a key focus on developing new recruits into skilled Recruitment Consultants.
Your main function will be to deliver an already extensive training programme, whilst supporting ambitious juniors with their first or second step into a sales environment. You will also support the senior leadership team with the development and delivery of leadership and management training.
- You will deliver market leading sales training to a variety of experienced and junior recruitment professionals.
- Acting as a focal point for new recruits and supporting them with their first 3-6 months in a sales/recruitment position.
- Regularly develop new training solutions and methods in-line with the latest market trends.
- Support the management team with the onboarding process.
- Act as a mentor to junior consultants through market changes.
- You will closely with the talent attraction team to ensure Herd are an attractive proposition to prospective employees.
- Have responsibility for developing and running Graduate / Junior evaluation days.
- You will have key responsibility for supporting stakeholders with the hiring decisions making process.
At Herd, we’re looking for an individual with previous demonstrable experience in sales training and developing juniors.
- You will ideally have 3+ years’ experience in L&D, Training Manager or Sales Management with training involved.
- Some exposure to recruitment or talent acquisition would be preferable but not essential.
- We need someone who can be accountable and dependable, with the ability to work under their own autonomy.
- Some experience in developing existing and writing new sales training material in line with market trends would be useful, but full support is offered from the current leadership team.
- If you have a track record in sales and/or recruitment it would be highly desirable, but not essential.
Benefits of working at Herd Digital
- We’re open to speaking to both full time and part-time candidates.
- Unlimited holidays.
- Salary is flexible depending on your experience.
- We offer a competitive basic salary plus an achievable individual bonus.
- There is also the option of flexible working including regular home working if desired.
- We have regular holiday incentives (Ibiza, Dubai, Dublin, Edinburgh, Festivals).
- Monthly team incentives (Executive Lunch Club, Nights out’s, Team Building days).
- At Herd we’re growing quickly and offer career progression opportunities up to senior and management levels.
- You will receive an in-depth training plan and ongoing support.