Location: Central London/ Hybrid
Salary: £80,000 – £100,000 + Performance Bonus and Commission Structure
Do you think you’ve got what it takes to be the Head of SEO at an industry leading agency? If you’re someone with a background and experience in leading and growing your own department, this is a role that is perfect for you.
About the company
An industry leading, independent agency is looking for a Head of SEO to take control of their SEO strategy offerings, and to lead the way in new business acquisition. While based in Central London the agency offers a hybrid and flexible working environment, whatever works best for you.
Ideally you will have strong SEO experience in an agency background in a similar role and are looking to join an independent agency where you will have the creative freedom and support you need to grow some of the agency’s most senior and exciting clients.
Head of SEO Role & Responsibilities
As Head of SEO, you will take charge of the development of the SEO department and expand their existing impressive network of clients. You’ll continually developing the SEO strategy of existing clients, while taking the lead on pitching and securing new clients for the agency. Additionally, your role will include:
- Taking charge of SEO strategy for our industry leading clients, from ideation to implementation.
- Being heavily involved in new client acquisition for the agency.
- Being involved in the development of the growing team of SEO’s, from junior to senior and Technical to Content.
- Identify opportunities for new accounts and turning potential clients, into returning clients.
- Work alongside the management team and the Heads of, to keep SEO best practices up to date and maintain the agency’s position as an industry leader.
- A deep understanding of on-page and off-page SEO strategies.
- Filtering down your experience and SEO skills to the junior members of our team.
- Communicating with various clients and stakeholders, providing them with regular reports from your work and the work of your team.
Your Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of SEO experience*.
- An extensive knowledge and demonstrable experience of SEO best practices.
- Experience and understanding of both Technical and Content SEO.
- Staying up to date on industry news and innovations, incorporating these industry changes into your work and the work of the teams.
- Experience managing departments across the spectrum of SEO, from Technical to Content.
- Experience managing client accounts, closing leads, and developing sales pipelines.
- An analytical mindset honed by years of using data to drive decision making at the strategy level across multiple channels.
What’s in it for you
You are trusting the company with the next stage in your career, so they want to create an atmosphere, culture and role that makes you want to stay. As Head of SEO, you can expect a fantastic work environment and a superb benefits package that includes:
- The company offer flexible and hybrid working options to suit your needs, so you can work however works best for you.
- A personalised training and progression programme and an annual training budget for external training opportunities.
- 26 days holiday.
- Performance based bonus and additional commission for new business.
- Enhance maternity and paternity package.
- Share option scheme.