Head of Performance Marketing
Location: Berlin/ Hybrid, Germany – m/w/d
Are you an expert in Performance Marketing, ready to take the step into managing your own Performance Marketing department? Or do you already have experience leading marketing strategy on a large scale, of leading a team to drive growth and profit margins?
Herd Digital is currently working with a Berlin based, fintech start-up. The business is scaling up its performance marketing efforts and are looking for a Head of Performance Marketing to lead their team and develop the businesses digital strategy.
The business is young and growing fast: And you will play a direct role in growing the performance marketing department underneath you; and have the freedom and support to expand as you see fit.
Head of Performance Marketing Role & Responsibilities
As the Head of Performance Marketing, you will be responsible for developing the digital strategy across all areas of performance marketing. You will lead the department with your strategic vision, and work closely with and be supported by the CMO. Additional responsibilities will include:
- Leading performance marketing efforts across all European markets, including: budget planning, campaign creation and optimisation, automation, and exploring new opportunities for channel growth.
- Mentor, support and grow your team, providing regular feedback to promote their professional growth.
- Staying up to date on changes in the performance marketing market, and filtering those down to the managers and executives of your team.
- Analyse and optimise campaign performance, continuously looking for ways to improve ROI/ ROAS.
- Regularly report on ongoing campaign performance to relevant stakeholders and engage in quarterly and annual business meetings.
Skills and Experience Required for the Head of Performance Marketing Role
The business is committed to supporting you to work how is best for you. They do, however, ask that you have:
- 8+ years of professional experience in Performance Marketing with a hands-on approach to at least one channel (SEM, Paid Social, Affiliate).
- Proven success in delivering results with a focus on ROI/ ROAS
- An analytical mindset and proficiency in the use of web analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Able to multi-task effectively, as you run simultaneous campaigns across multiple channels and verticals.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- The ability to communicate effectively to people with all levels of knowledge of marketing.
- Competitive salary and performance-based bonus.
- The support to grow the team underneath you as the business expands, with the support of your superiors.
- Hybrid and flexible working. The business supports you to work how is best for you.
- Continual professional development with external and internal training opportunities to further your career.
- Generous and above market average pension contribution plan.
- 28-day p.a.