For most, Facebook is the largest and most popular social media platform in the world. What began as a University network in a Harvard dorm room in 2004, has now transformed into the world’s largest social media and communication platform.
The platform has been hugely popular since its inception, with over 1 million active users within the first 3 years. But, is Facebook still the industry-leading platform it once was? Is it still gaining new users, or has it already peaked?
Below, we examine the demographics of Facebook users, the most popular content and content creators, insights into the Facebook Ads platform, and a few other key statistics.
Our Facebook stats are split into five categories:
- Facebook Statistics for the UK
- Interesting Facebook Statistics
- Facebook Demographics Statistics
- Facebook Marketing Statistics
- Facebook Ads Statistics
Facebook Statistics for the UK
- 44% of the UK population use Facebook daily.
- Facebook has 44.84 million users in the UK.
- The average user spends 23 minutes on Facebook every day.
- With 11.2 million users, the age group 25 to 34 is the most active on Facebook in the UK.
- Users between the ages of 18 and 24 have decreased from 24% in 2012 to 16% in 2020.
- The number of users aged 65+ has increased from 4% in 2019 to 9% in 2020.
- 52% of Facebook users in the UK are women and 48% are men.
- LADBible is the most popular video creator on Facebook, with 1.6 billion views.
Interesting Facebook Statistics
- Facebook is the most popular social network globally.
- Compared to other countries, India has the most Facebook users with 320 million.
- In the Q3 of 2021, Facebook had 2.8 billion daily active users.
- With 11.2 billion visits, Facebook is the world’s third most popular website.
- 98.3% of Facebook users access Facebook on mobile devices.
- Facebook Stories has 500 million daily viewers.
- 16% of Facebook profiles are duplicates or fake.
- Facebook usage among teens has dropped from 71% in 2015 to 67%.
- Video ads perform better than any other ad format on Facebook.
- Facebook video marketing is preferred by 81% of brands.
Facebook Demographics Statistics
Statistics by Age
- 2.9% of people between the ages of 13-17 use Facebook.
- 18.1% of people between the ages of 18-24 use Facebook.
- 25.7% of people between the ages of 25-34 use Facebook.
- 18.1% of people between the ages of 35-44 use Facebook.
- 13.6% of people between the ages of 45-54 use Facebook.
- 11% of people between the ages of 55-64 use Facebook.
- 10.6% of people that are 65+ years old use Facebook.
Statistics by Gender
- 56.5% of Facebook users are male.
- 43.5% of Facebook users are female.
Statistics by Country
- India has 320 million active monthly Facebook users.
- The United States has 190 million active monthly Facebook users.
- Indonesia has 140 million active monthly Facebook users.
- Brazil has 130 million active monthly Facebook users.
- Mexico has 93 million active monthly Facebook users.
- The Philippines has 83 million active monthly Facebook users.
- Vietnam has 68 million active monthly Facebook users.
Facebook Marketing Statistics
- 15% of Facebook users use the social platform to look and shop for products.
- 93% of businesses are active on Facebook.
- Facebook apps and tools are used by over 200 million businesses.
- Images make up 35.7% of a Facebook page’s posts on average.
- Compared to video posts, link posts receive 73% less engagement.
- The average engagement rate is 0.08% across all industries.
- Every month, over 3.3 billion people use Facebook’s apps (Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and Messenger).
- Facebook video ads are used by 4.6% of marketers.
- 35% of marketers say they’ve had success with influencer campaigns on Facebook.
Facebook Ads Statistics
- Facebook reported Q4 ad revenue of $27.2 million, a 31% increase from 2019.
- The average cost of a Facebook ad saw a 5% increase while ad impressions grew by 25% in the Q4 of 2020.
- Mobile ads generated 94% of ad revenue in Q2 of 2019, a 3% increase from Q1.
- In Q4, Facebook’s ad revenue was $27.1 billion.
- In Q4, the United States and Canada accounted for $13.7 billion of Facebook ad revenue.
- In Q3 of 2020, Facebook had over 10 million advertisers on their platform.
- Facebook ads have the potential to reach over 2.18 billion people.
- Among all paid advertising channels, Facebook ads offer the best ROI.
Statistics for the UK: